Monday, March 28, 2011

Decisions

I dislike making decisions. I always wonder if I am making the right choice, and how the choice that I make will affect me down the road. I do this with everything, from large life decisions to small, inconsequential, like where togo out on a date with Billy. I am an overanalyzer, which, is starting to make me feel like I"m very boring, and very fustrating.
I came to this realization over the weekend. The first indicator was that I overanalyzed Billy and I going out for an evening. When trying to decide what to do, I honestly sat here for 40 minutes analyzing the cost factors of both options, and how it was bad either way. I defer to Billy on most things, which drives him nuts, and, simply because I dont want to make the deicsion that may be wrong. I think this is a large part of why things with us can be so difficult....i fustrate him, and to be fair to him, i'm annoying as hell when it comes to stuff like htat. it is relatively inconsequential to me what we do, as long as I'm doing it with him. But, he wants me to make a decision, and I cant. Whats more, is I overthink things so much, and overanalyze them so much, that I am taking all of the fun and joy out of my life, and subsequently, his and Allies, and everyone around me.

Bad. Very Bad.

Then, thre are the big decisions, like this potential move to Charlotte. I have looked, analyzed, pro/con listed, cost analysis of EVERYTHING relating to this possible move. I dont  even know if I'm going to get the job, and I sure as hell dont know if i'm going to takeit.

I am an overthinker. And, an overanalyzer. Can I be changed? Can i find the joy in the good things in life without analyzing them to death? Can I save my relationships by changing? (see, I'm doing it again)

No comments:

Post a Comment