Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Jobs, Moving, and Dreams, Oh my!

Today's topic was supposed to be about goals, or so my listing of blog topics tells me, however, instead, I'm going to talk about the potential for a huge change in my, Billy's, and Allie's life.

As many of you know, I went to Charlotte about a week and a half ago. I went with my mom, and the purpose of the trip was to give her a feel, but to really also give me a realy feel of the area. The Hartford has an office in Charlotte, and that is where the majority of our commercial underwriting is (the career goal for now).
SO. in 3.5 days, I not only almost bought a condo, but I also got a very good feel of the area, and was able to get a good idea that I would be pretty happy there, as far as climate and cost.

however, when I came back, i decided that for now, I would lay low, and wait for the right time to move. IE, where there was a position for Billy to go to, even though i think that they would allow him to just move right into service. But, life is what happens while youre busy making plans.

On monday, a job was posted, for a small commercial underwriter, which has been the goal for about 2 years now. I have been stalled in my current role for underwriting, as they are looking for sales people who can underwrite, not necessarily a talented underwriter. I wanted to post for the job, but it starts in may, and the timing is not ideal. Billy, being as supportive as he is, told me to post regardless, and he and I will figure out us and Allie and financials.
So, after talking to a lot of people and looking for opinions, I posted for the job. If I get this job, and many people seem to think I will, I will mvoe to Charlotte, NC on the weekend of 05.21. Crappy Timing if you ask me. I might actually have to fly down, and fly back for the next weekend. Its Billys birthday. Unless, I can convince him to come down with me, and fly back on Memorial day. :-). That also being said, Allie will have to stay here until 4th of July weekend, so she can finish school.

So, to add further interest to this, HIG will give me 2k to relocate. I figure that can pay for a hotel for a few days, and then can pay for first months rent and some furniture. One can only hope.

So, I have a question for all of you. Would you move 750 miles away, alone, and wait for your fiance to hopefully come down later? Oh yeah, and away from your familiy too? I"m curious.

1 comment:

  1. Yes- i moved 1800 miles away away from my husband and all family. The first week was tough but then I was so busy with work and apartment hunting that the days went by much faster.

    Plus if you have skype on your pc then being in a different state doesn't make the move a huge problem as you cansee/talk to loved ones every night.

    ReplyDelete