Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Something I'm afraid of....

I am a "fraidy cat. There are many things that I'm afraid of. I'm afraid of not having money, and not having a nice place to live. I'm afraid of being alone, and having no friends or family. I'm afraid of not having life the way its supposed to be. I'm afraid of not being a good mother. But, the tangible thing that I'm afraid of most is things that lurk in the dark.

Dont get me wrong. I'm not afraid of the dark. I like the dark. I like the moonlight, and I like sleeping in the dark. I do not like being outside in the dark. It scares the hell out of me. For this reason, i do not walk the dogs at night, and I do not go outside unless someone is with me. I do not take walks at night, nor do I like to go places without someone. I am even paranoid enough to check the trunk and backseat in my car when getting into it at night, for fear that someone has snuck in, and is preparing to kill me.

Laugh if you wish. I'm ok with that.

I love the dark, and all the mystery it holds. Just not when it applies to mystery attacking me. I love ghost stories, and want to go on one of those ghost hunting trips, and I probably should. It would cure me of being afraid of what goes BUMP in the night.

~Jenn :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment