Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week one over......

I just finished my first week as a Market Product Analyst. I will say that this week was kind of difficult. Not bad difficult, just different difficult. My Assitant Product Manager is wonderful, and really tried to be sure that I felt at home and comfortable. I do think that I may have had higher expectations of what to expect, or rather what they expected, than they and I do. What I mean is that I think that I felt largely uncomfortable and sketched out because I spent a lot of time in actuarial meetings, where I just felt way over my head.

So, I tihnk that I will feel much better in week two, when my boss is back, and I'm entrenched in some training for rate manual updates and whatnot. I think that I will feel better when I have something to do during the day. And, I think that I'll feel better seeing as it will be week 2, and not the very first week. Maybe there will be a few things that I can sink my teeth into as well.

Do I miss PAC? Yes. i miss the people...Desperately. I miss being subject matter expert. I miss having good ideas, even though they are ignored. I miss that part of it. Do I miss the crazy calls? NO. Do I miss the insantiy? NO.

I think that the other part of my discomfort is that I am not used to having total control over my schedule. It doesnt matter if I oversleep one morning, I can go in a little later. I can work from home. I can go to lunch whereever and whenever my little heart desires.

It truly is a dream job, and a wonderful stepping stone to other things. I cannot wait to start stepping on more stones....I'm incredibly lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment