Monday, July 29, 2013

Unemployment : Day 7

I truly will be making an effort to do this daily.

Day seven. Almost a week. As I type this, its literally 14 hours until exactly a week. *Sigh*. So depressing. I had a hard time last night, and even this morning, clearing out of my funk, to really focus on what is is. It was hard hanging up my clothes, but not picking out what to wear, etc.

My mom called around 915, and quickly reprimanded me to "get some spark in my bark" because I had a phone interview at 10. She's right, and I started to come around.

Interview went well. One step at a time. I suspect that my lack of degree will be a problem, but we'll see.

THEN! Networking pays off. I got an email from a resume that I sent to a carrier that I was given a contact to from someone I worked with at Travelers. In PERSON interview on Thursday. *JOY*

Then....I rearranged the kitchen counters and rearranged furniture in the kids room. Tomorrw is the living room and/or start on the attic, after my obligatory job hunt.

So, I'm hanging in there, albeit still really down that I was laid off in the future.  I wish that I had seen this coming.

Tomorrow...I get to have dinner with one of my favorite people. Currently, I'm dessert planning. I know what I'm cooking. Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment